Step by step guide

  1. Get a written quote from an authorised solar retailer to help you understand the costs and benefits
  2. Your authorised solar retailer will upload a quote to the Solar Victoria Portal on the 1st of the month at 9am to trigger your application for eligibility 
  3. You will receive an email notification from the Portal informing you that your quote has been uploaded with a link to apply for eligibility 
  4.  Input your name, contact information and quote details to claim your rebate 
  5. Apply for eligibility. Provide proof of income and property ownership evidence and verify your identity online 
  6. Once you are confirmed as eligible, Solar Victoria will provide you a unique eligibility code that must be scanned by your installer in order to proceed with your application 
  7. Once the installation is complete, you will pay the amount quoted minus any deductions, including the rebate and the loan
Your retailer may be obliged to obtain a battery pre-approval before they can upload a quote and complete the Provider Statement on the Solar Victoria Portal and this may take some time. Your solar retailer cannot apply for an eligibility number on your behalf.

Documentation required

You will need to provide proof of income and property ownership when you apply via the Solar Victoria Portal including:

  • Evidence of property ownership provided via your local council rates notice
  • Proof of income documentation for each person named as an owner on your local council rates notice depending on your financial situation. 
    • Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment (NOA) confirming annual taxable income
    • Centrelink Payment Summary showing dates, reference number and confirming pension income for the financial year,
    • Centrelink PAYG Payment Summary
    • Completed and signed Statutory Declaration if you are a self-funded retiree 
    • If you didn’t receive a taxable income, we still need you to complete a signed Statutory Declaration that states your income amount (e.g. $0) for the financial year
  • 2 forms of ID to prove your identity using your phone 
    • One of your IDs must be a full Australian birth certificate, an Australian passport (current or expired less than 3 years), a current foreign passport (with linked Australian visa) an ImmiCard issued by the Department of Home Affairs (with photo) 
    • AND one of: An Australian driver licence (or learner permit) A Medicare card We recommend you use a passport and driver licence 
    • We recommend you use a passport and driver licence

Customer Portal User Guide

Download PDF

Apply for a rebate.

Apply for a rebate from the Victorian Government towards installing a solar panel (PV) system

Get Started