How many rebates are available?
For January the program will release 2000 rebates on January 2 and a further 2000 rebates two weeks later, for a total of 4000 rebates across the month. In February and March, 5000 rebates will be released across the month. The table below illustrates the future rounds of rebates:
Ensure you are eligible:
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar pv system if they meet the following criteria:
- You are a home owner-occupier of a home that is valued at under $3,000,000
- All owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per annum
- You have not already claimed a rebate as an owner-occupier under the Solar Homes Program
- You do not have an existing solar PV system*
Want to add an interest-free loan?
To further reduce costs, owner-occupiers can apply for an interest-free loan, for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount if they meet the above eligibility.
- In addition to the rebate criteria above, the loan will be contingent on a solar panel system having a positive net benefit (your system will need to save you more than the loan repayment amount)
- Your interest-free loan can be applied up to an amount of $1,888
- If your total system cost is less than $3,776, there will be no upfront cost
- The loan is required to be repaid over four years.