Solar Panel Rebate
The average household can save up to $890 per year on your energy bills by installing solar. The government is helping eligible Victorian install solar by providing a rebate of up to $1,888 for solar panel (PV) systems for owner occupied properties.
To further reduce installation costs, householders can apply for an interest-free loan , for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount. The loan is required to be repaid over four years.Learn More
Solar Battery Rebate
Installing a battery can help a typical household save up to a further $640 a year. Solar Victoria are piloting a battery rebate scheme to help identify demand and battery usage in Victoria. Eligible households can claim a discount on the cost of a solar battery, up to a maximum rebate of $4,838. Interest-free loans are not available under the solar battery rebate.Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will I save on energy bills by installing solar panels?
How much will I save on energy bills by installing batteries?
What are the eligibility criteria for a solar panel rebate?
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.
What are the eligibility criteria for a battery rebate?
- owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per annum (based on any of the last two years’ Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- is an existing property, valued at under $3 million;
- sits within a targeted postcode, as identified by Solar Victoria;
- already has solar PV panels installed with a capacity equal to or greater than 5kW;
- agrees to install an energy storage solution listed on Solar Victoria’s Approved Battery List;
- does not have an existing energy storage system;
- the property address has had no previous participation in the Solar Homes Program;
- is willing to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about participating in battery trials to maximise the value households get from their battery; and
- agrees to receive a free safety inspection and/or audit under the Solar Victoria Audit Program if selected.